Bethany Convent, Bogadi, Mysore – Estd 9 July 1989

bethany_bogadi02Bethany Convent, Bogadi was intended to be the study house for the sisters. Purpose of establishing Bethany Convent, Bogadi was to provide for the formation of various groups of sisters. Retreats and seminars, renewal programmes for the Congregation and celebrations became a regular feature of the house.

bethany_convent_bogadi

The house was found fit to be used for the formation of the candidates of the “Come and See” programme. Bethany Convent, Bogadi was chosen by the Superior General and the council in consultation with the concerned Provincials to have the novitiate for the novices of the Bangalore and Western Provinces.

“For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.”
– Psalms 100:5

Msgr Raymond Francis Camillus Mascarenhas (Founder)

Founder

Raymond was born on 23 January 1875 to Joanna and Lazarus Mascarenhas of Mangalore, then residing at Shimoga. Having completed his academic and priestly training in Mangalore, he was ordained priest on 4 March 1900. He rendered pastoral service at Kallianpur, Udyavar and Agrar. At St Sebastian's Bendur, Monsignor was the founder parish priest from 1914 to 1931. Read More