Mgr Raymond FC Mascarenhas, the Founder, was keen on having a house of the Congregation in Bangalore to serve as a nadal centre to facilitate transactions in government departments involving schools and property. He had opportunities to visit Bangalore many times for official work. During one of his visits, in 1955 he met his friend, Most Rev Thomas Pothacamury, the Archbishop of Bangalore, along with Mother Priscilla, the Superior General. Fr Mascarenhas presented his desire to have a convent for the sisters in Bangalore and requested the Archbishop for necessary permission and assistance in identifying a suitable site for the mission of the sisters. The Archbishop understood the need of the congregation and assured them his support.
The sisters arrived Bangalore on 18 March 1960 and stayed with the Salesian Sisters of Mary Immaculate at St. Mary’s Convent, Chamrajpet for the night. The following day they went to II B Jayamahal Extension and occupied, on hire the newly built house. Sr Anysia, the Superior, Sr Lourdes, Sr Julitta and Ms Dulcine D’Souza, the helper. Most Rev Thomas Pothacumury blessed the foundation stone for the convent-cum-school building on 15 April 1961.
The School building was partially completed, blessed and inaugurated by the Archbishop on 23 May 1962. The building was ready and the primary school started functioning with the name Gulabi Primary School under the patronage of St Therese, The Little Flower of Child Jesus. The new building was blessed and inaugurated by Archbishop Arockiasamy on 3 December 1977, the feast of St Francis Xavier. The convent was renamed “Bethany Convent”.