Filled with zeal to have the gospel preached to the poor, Sr Annunciata Superior of Bethany Convent, Bendur, Sr Clare, one of the pioneers, Sr Xavier and Maggi Bai were received by the villagers with great solemnity to the accompaniment of a band at the railway station which was two kilometers away from Dornahalli. 22 May 1957 was Saturday, and the feast of Sr Rita.
After the Eucharistic celebration, Fr Lobo blessed the convent. Fr Ignatius blessed the school building and renamed it as St Rita’s Primary School. The sisters were engaged in the pastoral ministry as well. As per the desire of Most Rev Rene Feuga, a dispensary was opened. An independent building was put up with three rooms and it was named Christ the King Dispensary.