In 1930 when the railways built a school for the Tamil children, the existing school was changed to Kannada medium. This school with four classes and obtained recognition from the District Educational Officer, Hassan in 1934. As the number of children in this Kannada medium school kept decreasing year after year, the parish priest thought the presence of the sisters in the Kannada school would help to revive the school. St Mary’s Kannada School was handed over to the Bethany Educational Society on 15 September 1974.
Therefore, the sisters rented out a house closer to the church and shifted to this residence. Sr Anita, Sr Marita, Sr Mystica and Sr Jeevan moved to the temporary convent building. Sr Anita was appointed the Superior. On 14 November 1974, the foundation stone for the construction of the convent was laid by Fr SR Peter. It was completed on 18 September 1975 and Bishop Alphonsus Mathais blessed the convent.