24 May 1950, the feast of Mary Help of Christians, was the day of great rejoicing and gladness for the people of Gadenahalli. The Founder, together with the pioneers, Sr Philomen, Sr Lucretia, Sr Philomelle and Pullu Bai -Â a helper, boarded the bus in Mangalore at 4.45 am and arrived at Hassan via Sakleshpur. The villagers were waiting for them with two bullock carts at Hassan bus stand. As there was no means of transport they travelled a distance of 17 km from Hassan to Gadenahalli by bullock cart (Ethina Gadi).
A warm welcome awaited them from the parish priest Fr. PS Fernandes, and the people of the village. The foundation stone for the new convent building was blessed and laid by Fr Patrick Saldanha in March 1957. The convent was constructed with the help of the Bishop of Mysore and the coffee planters of Chikkamagalur. The blessing and inauguration of the newly constructed convent, chapel and dispensary was held on 11 October 1960. The foundation stone for the primary and high school building was blessed and laid on 23 December 1986.