St. Joseph’s Convent, KR Nagar, Mysore – Estd 22 May1967

17_joseph_convent_kr_05

Most Rev Mathias Fernandes, the Bishop of Mysore was pleased with the services of our sisters in Doranahalli and left the need for an English medium school in the taluk headquarters at KR Nagar. Mother Macrina chose Sr Myrrha, Sr Celine and Se Dencilla to be the members of the new community.

17_joseph_convent_kr_03
The convent was named St Joseph’s Convent, KR Nagar. A primary school was opened with 135 students on 22 May 1968 in the rented building. The new convent building was blessed by Most Rev Mathais Fernandes on 22 May 1976 accompanied by Fr Denis Noronha, the Procurator of the diocese.

17_joseph_convent_kr_01

In 1988 Sr Tina initiated St Joseph’s Kannada medium school with 74 students. The prison ministry, India started its unit at KR nagar on 20 January 2002.

17_joseph_convent_kr_02

17_joseph_convent_kr_04

 

“See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!”

– 1 John 3:1

Msgr Raymond Francis Camillus Mascarenhas (Founder)

Founder

Raymond was born on 23 January 1875 to Joanna and Lazarus Mascarenhas of Mangalore, then residing at Shimoga. Having completed his academic and priestly training in Mangalore, he was ordained priest on 4 March 1900. He rendered pastoral service at Kallianpur, Udyavar and Agrar. At St Sebastian's Bendur, Monsignor was the founder parish priest from 1914 to 1931. Read More