St. Mary’s Convent, Arsikere, Hassan – Estd 2 January 1964

mary_convent1On completion of all the formalities, Sr Mida, the Superior with Sr Lourdes, one of the Founding members of the Congregation Sr Dora and Sr Olinda arrived on 31 December 1963 to commence their mission at Arsikere.

St Mary’s English Medium Primary School was started with 112 children on its roll in June 1964. Sr Dona’ was appointed as first Headmistress. In 1974 a parallel section with Kannada medium was introduced for the benefit of the students from the marginalized families.

2The school was admitted to grant-in-aid in 1977. Pre-university College came up in the year 2006 in response to the repeated requests Mr. KS Chandrashekar made to the then Superior General Sr Jyoti.

 

“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”

– 1 Corinthians 13:13

Msgr Raymond Francis Camillus Mascarenhas (Founder)

Founder

Raymond was born on 23 January 1875 to Joanna and Lazarus Mascarenhas of Mangalore, then residing at Shimoga. Having completed his academic and priestly training in Mangalore, he was ordained priest on 4 March 1900. He rendered pastoral service at Kallianpur, Udyavar and Agrar. At St Sebastian's Bendur, Monsignor was the founder parish priest from 1914 to 1931. Read More